Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridyen

Programmer
Jun 9, 2005
US
We have implemented both a development and production reporting services server but I cannot find information on how to move (deploy) reports from the development server to the production server. How is this typically done or is considred best practice just to allow report creators the ability to deploy to the production environment?

Any thoughs appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks. I actually found this tool before your response and used it to generate the scripts. However I get an error every time I try to configure the tool. It indicates that the field it is trying to update does not exist. I may try contacting the folks that wrote the tool to see if they can tell me what's going on.

Thanks for the offer but I managed to get the tool working. Not sure how but the config file got corrupted. I copied the original config file back in, pointed it to my servers and all works great. Overall a great little tool.

No real need to be honest - simply change the "Destination" property of your VS project to point to the live server as opposed to the dev one

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

True but our developers do not have publish rights to the production server. Got to watch the sneaky little devils you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back