Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2001
US
We are NOT pushing out Vista yet, but we ARE going to push out Office 2007. After testing, it will not work using GP if you want to customize, and we DO.

Can anybody suggest a 3rd party software that will enable us to deploy office 2007 using customization, and enable us to REMOVE previous versions, with no user interface?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm weary of the search.

D

Did I post this in the wrong forum? Do I need to find another forum to try and find answers?

Suggestions is all I need, has anyone successfully deployed Office 2007 with customizations, if so please share.

One more bump to see if anybody can help. You can deploy office using Group Policy, but can not customize it. So basically it does NOT work.

I'm asking if anyone has successfully deployed it some other way, and if so how. Or if anyone has heard of a 3rd party program that will allow you to deploy Office 2007 without having to touch each workstation. Please, any help from anyone?

Thanks so much for responding. I've seen this. The completely odd thing is, MS offers the OCT to create customization for your deployment, and yet when you push it out through group policy it completely ignores the msp file. We've tried everything to force the install to read the customization file, to no avail. It still will not remove prior versions (which in turn results in Outlook not being installed because they won't run simultaneously), and the first time you open anything, you are prompted for the product key (which we added not only in the msp, but also the config.xml).

There absolutely HAS to be a solution, but in all the research I've done I can't find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back