Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying new webapps in Tomcat + Apache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus53

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
CA
Hey everyone,

I'm runnning Apache 2.0.42 and Tomcat 4.1.12 on Win2k. I've configured Apache to work with Tomcat. Everything works fine when I try to access the 'examples' directory. I can run all the servlets and JSP examples. My problem is deploying a new application. It doesn't work and the message in the errors logs is "Can't find C:\ApacheGroup\Apache2\htdocs\myWebApp" which is the wrong path of course. How do I configure it so it's mapped properly, like the Examples directory?

Anyone have advice or resources to look at?

Thanks in advance.

For new application in Tomcat, did you remember to create a web.xml file in the /WEB-INF directory? The application needs that file with <web-app></web-app> element in order for application to be valid and be installed/enabled on Tomcat startup.

Regards, pfist

hi,
i'm running Apache 2.0.43,Tomcat 4.1 and MySQL 3.23.52 on Windows Xp. I having problem in integrating them together. May be you can give me some information regarding about this.

Thanks alot....

Regards,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back