Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying a 12.6 classic executable on a server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom71555

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2005
US
I am trying to take an executable that was created in PB12.6 classic and have users execute it from that server. The project creates the executable with no errors. When I copy the executable to the server and try to run, I get an error stating the PBVM126.dll is missing. In earlier versions of powerbuilder I was able to create the executable and then a "deployment" disk which would install the .dlls. In this version I do not see how that can be done.

Any ideas or thoughts on this are appreciated.

Thank you
Dominick

I am a lot closer now, I was able to find the Powerbuilder run time packager and was able to get the PB executable .dlls downloaded. Set up the ODBC driver and the program executed. The only issue I am having now is that the .jpg that is used in the PB application is not displayed in the executable. I created a .PBR file with the name of the .jpg however it still does not display.
Any thoughts on this is much appreciated

Dominick

Thanks Matt,
That was the problem. THE DW Object had the picture with the path in the properties. Once I included the path in the .PBR the .JPG was seen.

Thank you for your help

Matt,
Thank you for the help with this, however I have another question. When I create the runtime packager, I select the database interface ODBC. When I install the components on a pc, the ODBC driver is not included. Am I missing a step? Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thank you
Dominick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back