Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Department fax line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummfly

MIS
Jun 18, 2008
CA
I have Callpilot ver 4.04.04...

I have been given the job of assigning an dept fax line via callpilot.

There are at least 8 users involved...

so far I have everything configured, The Phantom dn for the fax line has been working fine for "one" user for the last 4 years,

now they want the same fax # to be spread across these 8 users and accessible via outlook (callpilot desktop messaging) and still get there voice mail on their DID as well. I Just cant seem to add the the fax # to another callpilot account as it says it is alreay being used on another account. Righty so.. because it is.

I know I can get it be configuring the client for say the fax # 7876. but then they don't get their voice mail.

Can I have a dept fax in callpilot? if so how?

TIA,

Randy

I can recommend our company fax line arrangement:
We created an extra mailbox for this purpose. Access to the mailbox for selected people is setup on the exchange server. Then everybody of them is able to add this mailbox to outlook and to check faxes (read, delete ....). Messages are deleted just in user own outlook and remain still on the My CallPilot/CallPilot Messages box as well.
Fax line and mailbox connection is created in My CallPilot/CallPilot Features/Message Forwarding Rule.

jj

JJ,
I set it up, but message forward did not work. The fax is coming in to right place an message forward is set to fax@mydomain.com but its just not doing it.

I made sure it is all enabled....not sure why it not working.

any ideas.

Randy

If the Message Forwarding Rule is created and enabled in My CallPilot application, then it should work. Can you see incomming faxes in My CallPilot/ CallPilot Messages ?
If yes to avoid e-mail account issues I would try to forward faxes to my own user e-mail account.

jj

I got it working, thanks for the help.

I was missing an smtp setting on the Callpilot server.
It started working once I added the correct smtp server information

Thanks again,

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back