Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deny local log on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSponge

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
GB
Hi, I have set up my group policy on WIN2K AD,

I need to stop users logging into my workstation, I cant find the policy setting for this?? I want permission for only me...Could I get a message to pop up as well if someone tries to log on??

Sure this is an easy one for you all...:)

Thanks in advance

The setting you are looking for is in

Group policy | Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Plicies | User Rights assignment | log on locally

Oh and for the pop up -

Group policy | Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies | Security Options | Message Text for users attempting to log on AND message title for users attempting to log on

Fantastic...

Thankyou Mark..

Are you any good with Terminmal Services?

Yeah...

Am certified by Citrix but don't it too much now. What's the prob?

In the active directory, there is a tab for Terminal Services on the user`s properties.

There you can set a TS profile for the user...Why would anyone want to set a different profile for TSC?

Surely I can use the same profile as there normal logon? Or is this why Im having problems with user rights on the server...?

Thanks

JAMES

Yes, you can have the same profile.
I use different location to save users' profile.
I don't use roaming profile for my users if they logon locally, it's too slow and not every PC is loaded with the same software.
For TS/citrix's profile, I saved on the dedicated server (not citrix) so whereever they login to (citrix1,2,3...) they'll have the same profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back