Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deny internet access for a user at a specific IP adres

Status
Not open for further replies.

pswoerden

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
NL
I know how to set a fake proxy in Active Directory, but i would like a logon script that checks the IP adress of a computer and then checks against a list if the IP is on the list. Next step is if its on the list: changes the proxy settings of IE.
Can anybody help me
Michael

are they specific IP's you want to block or specific computers?

I would like a user not being able to access internet at one or more specific computers, all our computers have a fixed IP.
Michael

ok, do you want to completele deny access to internet on specific computers or do you want some users to still have internet access on those specific computers?

I want some users to still have internet access.

To be complete: I'm working at a school (with students who have difficulties learning) and we're now starting with a 2003 server. +- 30 PC's 140 students and 18 teachers/employees.
I want some teachers not having internet access at some computers (but have Internet access on others) while the students have access. (their access is controlled by their teacher and another specific program from
Also i want to use part of the ip-checking part of the script to forbid total access on some computers for students (for as i know you can give logon-access by Active Dir. to max 7 computers or so, but not forbid access on computers)

you could write a batch file that looks at a text file containign ip's you wish to deny internet access to useing if statements (can someone else expand on this) but then if the ip address is in that list it runs route add 0.0.0.0 192.168.254.254 (or a non existant address) so therefore it will route all trafic out to noware, therefore killing internet access

HTH

Marc

Routing has no effect here. All traffic goes through a proxy server. The default gateway is not used for internet traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back