Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deny external caller to dial one of the extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAA9983

Technical User
Jul 8, 2012
GB
Dear all,

I have BCM 50 R 6.0, and my manager, and I have the call pilot working with welcome message, but I don't any one who dial my company phone to reach the manager directly by dialing his extension, however my manager wants to still got calls from other extensions inside the company, is there any solution for this?

There is no target lines, my trunks are analog.

If your callpilot is answering the lines then you can make sure the manager's mailbox number isn't in the company directory and obviously make sure that your greeting has no reference to it. You could also disable dn under table in callpilot.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

Of course I know, but if you disable the dn in the callpilot table, then no other DNs can be reached, and he has already printed his extension on his company cards, but he don't want anyone call him until he talk to the secretary first, so he forward all his calls to the secretary, but then the other extensions can't call him.

could be there is no solution for scenario like this in the BCM???

There's a solution for everything, just say to reach "manager" dial ext ( whatever the secretary is ) this way every call goes to her first. If someone is so picky about getting calls then why put their ext. on a business card?

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

okay, thanks for your hint, but I was thinking if I make my manager extension a call center agent extension, is there a feature to make this happen, or can I do this by skillset?
I don't have experience in call center features and skill set?

or may be by applying some outsourcing IVR, which could be soft IVR, ?

No you can't stop a person from dialling a single extn number

Try and make an answer extn off the managers extn to appear on the sec phone so as they can answer the call when the managers phone rings

Also you can create a AA to answer the calls for the manager and give prompts to route the call to the sec extn

How can I create AA for the manager extension ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back