Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deny Calls from Blocked Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper27

ISP
Oct 17, 2012
US
I have a CS1K version 5.0. We have been getting harrasing calls from some crazy man that blocks his number. I can see on the caller ID that he is hitting my local carrier trunk but it just displays the trunk ACOD and not the actual incoming number. Is there any way to automatically deny calls that are blocking their numbers? If I could find out what his number is would be better. I just found out about the MCTA option with the TRC key. I am waiting for him to call back to see if TRC will actually display his number but since its blocked I doubt it. Any help is much appreciated. This guy is driving us nuts!

I am pretty sure you just have to get local law enforcement involved. Usually, they quit once you sick the police on them. The same practice applies anyway for numbers that you can't block via your ACD. (like DID calls)
I only know how to block via ACD if the CLID is displayed.

Thanks for the reply. Our whole prefix is DID so he was just calling random numbers on our 10,000 block of numbers and happened to get through to the VIP's office. Just another nut job. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back