Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deny access to users 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleButler

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2002
GB
I am trying to set up a content rules for denying access to certain individuals, but the isa server doesn't seem to be accepting it. Please could anybody give me any informtion on how to set up a content rule for denying access to certain individual users.

Many thanks

michelle

Choice users from "Applies To" tab of your content rule.

I am trying to set up a content rules for denying access to certain individuals or groups, but the isa server doesn't seem to be accepting it. Please could anybody give me any informtion on how to set up a content rule for denying access to certain individual users.
ISASERVER.ORG doesnt provide the answer

How are your clients set up? Firewall client, proxy client, or SecureNAT? You can't do user or group based authentication with SecureNAT clients.

ChrisP

What is the problem exactly? Is there an error message? Is a authentication dialog box popping up? What kind of content rules do you want to set up?

ChrisP

Hey,

I had this problem once. As obvious as it sounds, make sure that your routing is working OK. I has a Router/firewall attatched to a switch and a seperate ISA server. I set it up OK etc but denying access wouldn't work. Thats cause the clever bloody clients realised there wasn't a path to the site via the server and went straight to the router!!!

I know its obvious now but check that theres no other way to the internet other than via your ISA server. Steve Hewitt
Systems Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back