Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Denied in admin 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadimz

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
US
Walked in the morning and find that none of the phones can place an outgoing call. The system looks OK but when tried to place outgoing call, the system says "denied in admin" after dialing "9" and first digit of the number. When placing long distance it says it after dualing "9,1" and first digit. System receives calls all right and T1 lights are green.

Kinda in a panic attack :) Nothing has been changed or touched between last night and the morning. What should I do first and how to perform maintenance ? We are running ISDN T1 connected to the local telco provider.

Vadim.

Go under Terminals&Sets - Show
Show set: ___- enter ext number
223:223 - Show
Line access - Show
Line assignment - next
Line pool access - Show
Line Pool A: Y or N - make sure that whatever pool your lines are in, your extension have access to it. If you have a PRI/ T-1 then you're looking for PRI-A: Y. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Thank you for your help.
I got it working. It is quite scary. The system has restarted on its own around 6:20AM. Apparently, not only it restarted but it reset route 001 from PRI-A to POOL A. The rest is simple. Took me an hour and a half to get out of cardiac arrest :), confirm with provider that they did not impose any restrictions and spot the change.

Well, I am glad you have it taken care of! ;-) MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

If your system dumped out like this once it may do so again. My strong suggestion is to do a backup of your system. (RAD and Norstar Remote Utilities needed). If you don't have NRU you might be able to find a vendor that will backup for you remotely. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Check the version of software that the MICS is running. Early versions of R4.1 WI6.xx had this problem. Simple fix is to not use Route 001. For whatever reason, the other Routes do not default after a reset. Build Route 002 (or 003 or whatever) using the same parameters and Destination code

sprucegrover is right. It is important to be aware of your software version and known issues, which was more than one on teh early PRI versions of S/W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back