Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Denied in Admin - dialing 9 for outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

nogero

Programmer
Mar 1, 2007
US
I have one phone that can't dial an outside line. When I select 9 I get "Denied in Admin". the restriction filter is set for 02. I read through some of the other Tek-Tips on this subject but I still have this issue. I am sure I am missing something so any help would be appreciated.

The system is am MICS version 7.1. The phone is a Norstar M7208.

go into terminals and sets , line access, and check to see if it is allowed access to pool a

mike

It is allowed access to PRI-A. I have tried Y and N, but I still get Denied in Admin.

do you have pri on the system

check the pool a access

mike

Fireeater, I am not sure what you mean by the above comment. All of my other phones use PRI-A N as their LinePool (Under Terminal&Sets > Line Access > LinePool access. Every other phone can dial 9 to get to an outside line unless this is restricted by a filter.

where you see the pri -a press next it lists all line pools

the other thing you can do is do a sets copy of an ext (7208)
that is working the way you want it

mike

There are a lot of line pools but I never used any other then PRI-A on my other phones. If I press next I see PRI-B, PRI-C and so on. Under System Programming PRI-A is the only one that has an access code, which is 9. There has to be a simple programming change to make this work. I am just not understanding or seeing it.

best thing i can suggest is to do a set copy of a working set

mike

Fireeater, if I do that will I just have to change the assigned line? Can you send me some basic instructions for the best way to do this.

Thanks,

if you go into terminals and sets ,enter the ext you want to copy, you will see a softkey labeled copy, then choose system and user enter the ext to copy to

everything but the ext number and name will be copied

you will have to change the target line back to the one you wish it to have

mike

Fireeater, that solved the problem, thank for your help and kindness.

glad to help

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back