Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Denial event 1178

Status
Not open for further replies.

bparr

Technical User
Feb 11, 2009
US
I have one user who when she dials a specific long distance number, she just gets disconnected. I did a trace on her station and found a denial event 1178. I have looked around and most posts refer to the ARS. The person right next to her can call it. Both stations are set up exactly the same. I thougth maybe it was a setting on the digital station card she was on, but found others on that same card can call the same number. I can find nothing that is different about this one station.

Any ideas?

what happens if you put a bridged line appearance on her phone of the neighbor's # who can dial? Or try putting her # on your phone and test it from there.

When I put a bridged appearence of her phone on mine, it does not go through. when I put a bridged appearance on her phone of the other person, it dials fine. the problem apears to be with her extension?

If its not a COR/COS problem her dial pad may not be sending out dual tones on one button. See if you can swap the set out with another one and if that clears it up.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

As mentioned in the previous posts, her cos and cor are identical to another phone that can call. and if I set a button on my phone as a bridged appearance, I cannot dial the number on the appearance. Plus and I did not mention this already, I did try a new phone.

Still stumped.

Do both your ext and her ext travel out the same Trunk Group?

Yes all use the same trunk.

Have you tried rebuilding her extension. Take it completely out and add it back. Also if that doesn't fix it try building it back same port but and extension number for testing purposes.

I had removed her phone and duplicated a user who could call this number. I just moved her to a new port on a new card and she still cannot call out. The problem has to be her extension. Where might there be a block on her extension?

About half way through this, it started sounding like a software corruption issue for her extension number to me. Thats why i asked you to try different port and new extension number to verify the problem stayed with the number and not the hardware.

I don't know anyway to restrict a particular extension number form not being able to dial something other than COR.

All the hardware with the exception of the cabling between the switch and her desk has been replaced. It may be a software issue but she doesn't want to loose her extension and that seems to be the problem.

you have software corruption. You wil have to open a ticket with AVAYA.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back