Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Demoting AD on Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndweidauer

Programmer
Jul 31, 2002
US
I have a Windows 2000 Server that I had created a "test" domain on just so I could play around. I have now Demoted the server and Un-Installed AD from the server. However, it seems that some of the components are still running and fill up the event log with AD errors. I have listed a couple of the errors below and will continue to research, but in the meantime, can anyone tell me how to "clean" the system of any AD server roles? Thanks.

----------------------------------------
Event ID 2021: Unable to obtain computer information from Active Directory.

I have never got a windows 2k server to demote properly. i have always formatted it. next time i suggest a test network ;)

cheers

it was a test, but just to save time so i didnt have to reformat. working on it today, it seems that it connected to my existing "live" domain due to an improper configuration; so i just added it to the domain tree if only to get rid of the head-ache, it runs an email server so i figured what they hey.

thanks.

nice. i hated my windows 2k network for AD reasons. went to 2003 and haven't had any AD problems.

yeah, thats one of my proposals that will never come through...CFO is tight ass, thinks i spend to much money. thanks for your help.

John

PS, sorry, i wont rate the post since it wasnt much :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back