Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Demote Primary Security Server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrtech

Technical User
May 17, 2005
CA
Hi,

I need to make a change in primary security server element manager from remote site.
I can access back up security server but not primary at this time.

Can I demote the primary and use Back up Signalling server to do my changes in element manager of main Sig Server?

Thank you

Doubt it. EM is deployed on a particular server. Demoting the server is not a good fix and probably a real bad idea.

You could have deployed an alternate EM during deployment but I doubt you did that. I never do.

Thank to you both.

I have access to the element manager in the back up security server. Want to move personal directory here for load balance.
Have put in PD Elan address but not sure how to activate it or if I can even do this?

Thanks again

If you have changed the PD IP Address it will create a new PD file on that server, you would then need to restore your backup from SFTP and then restore all users.

Thank you

Not sure how to do this?

Can I just change the app serv in ld 117.
Only have dial up to sites right now
Back up and restore not required unless this is needed to get PD to work on other server?

You need web access as you need to go into element manager backup/restore and restore the PD from the backup. Then in same place restore all users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back