Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delta dvd drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilman0

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
US
I can't get my delta OIP-DV1200A to work. I have bought this drive about 1 year ago and it used to read dvd and cds just fine. I had a problem with my computer and i built a new one, now it seems the dvd doesn't work, but i can still read cd's. A hop over to Delta's website and i found no driver or anything. I am just woundering if anyone else had this prob and if another driver would work. Or should i throw this $70.00 piece of crap in the garbage. Thanks,
James

Win2k, found out (through some searching on the net) that this model of dvd doesn't work with nt(2k, xp, nt4)however, there was a firmware update, tried to update the firmware and made a nice paper weight. Moral of the story, don't buy anything form delta electronics. After the warantee expires, they don't support it any more.
Thanks,
James

Sorry to hear about your drive dying. Thanks for the advice on Delta though. These days with as many choices as we have, there is no reason to put up with second-rate customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back