Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi/Paradox Time Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natacha

Programmer
Jun 8, 2000
ZA
We have recently gone a course for delphi vs 5 and we are busy writing a system in delphi using corel paradox. Some of our programmers get a "Time Lock Out" error - does anyone know what this means and does anyone know how to solve it?

I think this has something to do with not being able to access a table.&nbsp;&nbsp;Main culprits are (a) one of the programmers locking a table or (b) a slow or faulty network connection.&nbsp;&nbsp;(I'll have to check this on the network at home.)&nbsp;&nbsp;In the meantime, if your Portuguese is good, follow the thread on <A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Forget the table locks.&nbsp;&nbsp;I can confirm two possible causes for the error.&nbsp;&nbsp;Time Lock Out can happen with a bad/slow network connection or server overload.

Could you perhaps tell me how you went about it or any proof? The network team here say it's impossible!

Put 2 clients on a LAN which connects to the server via 2 routers.&nbsp;&nbsp;Set the speed between the routers to something slow, say 56kbits/s.&nbsp;&nbsp;Just generate a LOT of network traffic from one of the clients, say pushing a 50MB file up to the server.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then try using Paradox on the other client.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, I found verification on a corel newgroup thread.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'll forward emails.

I've no email address for you.&nbsp;&nbsp;See<br>news://cnews.corel.ca/corelsupport.paradox-win_other_versions message of 12 June 2000 &quot;Lock Time Out&quot;

Have paradox 7 running on pc which is connected to network and running a lot of scripts to produce a report. Process runs for approximately 2 to 3 hours then fails on one specific table. Cannot emulate problem on my own pc. Are you sure it is the network? If not, what?

You added this to a discussion that is 5 years old...???

Can you start a new question, and describe your situation in detail?

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back