Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi and .pngs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgross

Programmer
May 7, 2007
GB
Afternoon, I'm struggling a bit here and I was wondering whether I could get any help...

I'm trying to use .png files in Delphi but they aren't natively supported, I've seen that there are components available but I have no idea how to use them...

Any ideas?

That's strange, I have had no problem with using png's in my programs!!
Which version of delphi are you using?

If you want to use other components, its easy enough, just a bit hard to work out (took me a good few months!!)

- Copy all the files relating to you delphi version to the bpl folder in the default save location for projects (it differs depending on the version). If you dont know which are for your version, copy them all!!

- Open the package file, should be a .dpk file

- Compile it.

- Under the project menu there should be an install item, click it.

- The components should appear in your pallet.

NOTE: I think delphi 7 personal is missing a file needed for most components. I can remember what its called, but let me know if you need it and ill email it to you.

Hope it helps

Gary

How are you using pngs? which component?

Just the basic TImage component! Do you have a png editor installed on your computer?

A png editor? like Gimp or photoshop? if so, then yes I do. my image component can't handle them its not even on the list of accepted extensions.

It wasnt on my list either but it still worked!!!!

Any luck with the components yet?

Yh actually! :D I got the png to work, used the pngimage component, seems to work, thanks for the advice!

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back