Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi 8 and WINCE/PocketPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocky

Programmer
Oct 23, 2002
NL
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to develop an application in Delphi 8 and run it on a WINCE device or a PocketPC device. If yes what do I have to do.
I believe there is not yet a .NET framework for PocketPC.
The current .NET Compact Framerwork only works on WinCE4.1 devices if I'm correct.

Can someone give some more info on this issue.

Greetings,

Pascal.

The cf sdk only works in vs.net. I am able, using visual studio, to create programs that work on pocketpc 2002 & ppc 2003. I haven't tried ce3, but I think you need to use the embedded tools (free download) for that.

From what I understand, MS has not allowed anyone else
to do CF work yet.

Michael Swindell from borland recently wrote in the borland.public.delphi.non-technical newsgroup:
//------------
The prospects are very good. I can't discuss details or timeframes yet but I
can tell you that we fully intend to support CF development in Delphi. We'll
be sure to communicate the plans and timeframe as soon as we're able. -m
//-------------------------------

Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

Also check this active thread:

Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back