Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delphi 3 third party component installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Apr 5, 1999
US
When I try to install a third party component in Delphi 3 (no source code available, only the *.dcu file) I get a compille error: cannot find *.pas. Has anyone run into this? What to do?

Nothing. If you don't have the .pas file you can't install the component in Delphi 3.<br>
<br>
<br>

&gt;&gt;PaulBaxter (Programmer) Nov 2, 1999 <br>
&gt;&gt;Nothing. If you don't have the .pas file you can't &gt;&gt;install the component in Delphi 3.<br>
<br>
That is not true. DCU files are the compiled pascal source files and DCU files can be installed inplace of the Pascal Files.<br>
<br>
&gt;&gt;I get a compille error: cannot find *.pas. Has anyone run into this? What to do? <br>
<br>
This is releated to the fact that the Library Searchpath is not pointing to the correct directory. Remove the package , re-install it and make 100% sure the library searchath is correct

Yeah true, but he only said he had the *.dcu file. Which if you only do have the dcu file then you can't install it. Simple as that. If the file has a package included then yes your right. But '3491' never mentioned anything about a package so I assmue that he was tring to install a delphi 2 component that only included the *.dcu file as delphi 2 allowed you to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back