Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DELL TL2000 library with arc serve 12 probllem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kklong

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2008
US
server installed w2k3,the server connect one TL2000 tape library,backup software is arc serve 12,config the device,can find the tape driver,but can't find any slot.cause i can't find any media.what's problemis it?any advice to me,thanks.

Try disabling the library and drives from within the OS Device Manager.

I am having this same issue, using the same hardware. When I try to apply QO95275, but when it goes to update the components in Arcserve it says none of them are detected. I am running r12.0 SP1 (build 5582). Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

that happens because the update you are trying to install is newer than what is already installed.

please please please all who read this, if you start a thread and resolve the problem add the solution, let everyone know what you found out.

David, thanks for the reply. Do I need to uninstall Arcserve and then reinstall Arcserve with QO95275 being the first patch I install, even before SP1?

Check the documentation for SP1 because I think that update is included in SP1.

David,
Thanks for your help. I reinstalled Arcserve w/SP1 and all is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back