Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell TFT on Ultra 10 - Out of Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 9, 2001
GB
I have just put a Dell 15" TFT onto my Ultra 10 instead of the 19" Sun CRT monitor to save space. When the machine boots up the monitor just displays Out of Range.

I have tried looking for info on using non Sun monitors but can't find anything that helps.b The ultra 10 is running Solaris 8.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would hard code the display settings in the eeprom you will probably have to hook the 19" back up though. Find a resolution and refresh setting the monitor works with and try something similar to this at the ok>

setenv output-device screen:r1024x768x70

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to get a CDE display up by finding the config command for the graphics card. I cant' see the OK prompt and boot up though.

I will try the old sun monitor and your suggestion.

That must of been fun typing in commands to get CDE to work with a bugging out monitor. Been there myself and it sucks. Well since you got CDE displaying correctly you can set the EEPROM settings through a teminal. I think it would be something similar to this:

eeprom output-device=screen:rwhateverXyouXset

I just went through this with a Ultra 10 and a 15" IBM monitor.

This worked for me -

setenv output-device screen:r1024x768x60

If you can't see the ok prompt press Stop A and then type this, restart, and keep trying different values till you see something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back