Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell R430 Application Server Help. " Could not boot. /dev/root does not exist"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
I acquired an Dell R430 server and am attempting to set this up as an Application server in my lab. I know it isn't officially supported in the Avaya DOCs but it does meet all the requirements. I have able to load 11.0.4.7 on it. But I can not get any 11.1 to load the upgrade/Install fails. I am using a USB stick and have tried both Rufus and USB creator and but get same error. "Could not boot. /dev/root does not exist." and there are lot of dracut-initqueue timeout errors.
I googled and went to Avaya support site and other thing I see on support site referenced a bios issue with a dell 240 server in SOLN367731.
It seems that going from Centos 6 to 7 there is something I am missing.

has anyone come across this and could point me the right direction as to what to look for. Sometime Google is like Web MD. When you put in a symptom you get a lot of junk as to what the cause could be.. LOL

Any help is appreciated.

I tried to update Bios but that didn't help either.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back