Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Poweredge 2650 will not complete Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revcore001

Technical User
Dec 27, 2009
US
I have an issue with a dell ooweredge 2650. I had to replace a bad system board. Which I have done no problem and the server now boots to Dell screen. When it goes to load I am unable to access the bios because it stops right after it shows the 2 processors installed. I have no error message whats so ever. All light are green. LCD is perfect blue. All hard drive light are green the cd and floppy are working. I am unable to boot from cd because the system must go past the post start up which it does not complete. Once again I get a blinking cursor right after it shows the 2 processors installed.

I have had cases where the motherboard was not compatible with the riser card but it did not stop POST. I would suggest taking the riser off and making sure there are no bent pins. Beyond that..the usual recommendations to strip the machine to a basic level...no pci cards installed.. remove the raid key..no disks installed.

I have checked all of that and more. I have stripped it down to the minimum post requirements. Still the same thing.

Are you the original owner of the server? Dell offers life time phone support if you purchased it from them.

Also, try reseating or replacing the memory modules. I've seen that cause this kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back