Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell OptiPlex 330 + SATA SSD + Win XP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krabban

Programmer
Oct 18, 2003
SE

I have problem connecting to Internet... I have a PCI-Express WiFi card.
No drivers works.

I have an iPhone, but I have had problem downloading the file from Apple.

ApplicationSupport works, but MobileDeviceSupport is 64 bit and I have no 32 bit file...

I found older files here:

Other than the lack of networking... the computer is as fast as it can be! I'm surprised!

Yes!
Is my computer beyond rescue!?

Today I found other cd for the computer.
I can not connect to any external source. The wireless PCI-Express card is not working. LAN cable doesn't work.
How do I make Internet work? (I.e. the LAN that is!)

Thank you!!
Unfortunatly, no difference... The Air-Plus Utility does not open!

I'm out of ideas. I've installed a clean XP twice from the cd to the computer. The diagnose cd does not show any defects...
Network is not working.
What could be the issue...!?

The network is not in the chipset, it is a broadcom, to get wired lan working you need this

Remove the WIFI card, and get the model number or FCC ID# and google them to find out what the card is, and then search google for XP drivers.

You need a computer tech!!! They make things all better, no fuss/no muss.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Well........... I wasn't trying to be solely funny. I don't try to do plumbing or brain surgery. Know your limitations, know your strengths, act accordingly!! Words to live by.

Have you tried getting the device drivers from the Dell site? The UK site is

There may be a swedish site. Just look for optiplex 330

Look for the service tag - if this is not on the machine, it will be coded in the BIOS. Using the service tag is often more useful. On the older machines, it told you exactly what hardware your machine had and where you could find the drivers for them.

Did you reinstall the system using the Dell reinstallation disks or from a version of XP you got from somewhere else? The Dell reinstallation disks should just install everything.

No, the Dell disk won't install everything. They include a "system resource disk" that has the other drivers on them. I've done this many times - the Dell CD is no different than a regular XP CD. And it's no more successful in adding all the drivers than a regular CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back