Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Open Management / Send E-Mail Upon Disk Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsnapeer

Technical User
Jun 30, 2011
US
Hello Everyone,

I have been working on this Dell Open Manage on and off for the last couple months and find it extremely frustrating and confusing..

All I want to do is configure this software to send an e-mail when it sees that a disk failure has occurred. I cannot for the life of me get this configured to work correctly.

Here's what I have done:

Installed agent and OSMA on Servers to be monitored.

In Open Manage, I've configured in Monitoring and Alerting, under Event Console and Alert Rule Settings a Task Rule that says if Alert definition contains arrayDiskFailed, send e-mail to me.

I then pulled a drive out of a Server and got no alerts. So I set the task to run and it sent an e-mail to me with gibberish.. Here's what I have in the body of the e-mail to send:

The alert from %!AlertHostname!% was received at %!AlertTimestamp!% with description: %!AlertMessage!%

In the e-mail I get the following:

The alert from was received at with description:

After that, I put the drive back in and let it rebuild. I then re-ran the task thinking that since the drive has been rebuilt, I should receive nothing... Well, I received the same message.

So I believe I've configured a number of things incorrectly. If anyone could help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back