Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell laptop 3.0 driver issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadMaster

Technical User
Aug 4, 2001
I just purchased a dell xps, 9530.. it came with windows 8.. I removed and installed windows 7 (dell wont support since it wasn’t configured with windows 7)

did all my windows updates.. got all drivers to load, but cant get the drivers to load for the usb 3.0 ports.. device manager has exclamation points for USB CONTROLLER.. a dell chat support did log into my computer last night, downloaded all the correct drivers including the chipset drivers for the 3.0.. but still didn’t work

Anyone have a suggestion I could try?

I appreciate the help

you could try the generic driver for the usb 3 chip, if you know who and what model chip you have? you could use pcwizard or go to control panel and to the usb controller in question, and go to details then hardware id from drop down.
You should see something like this : PCI\VEN_1B6F&DEV_7023&SUBSYS_70231849&REV_01
If you google that string, along with windows 7 drivers, it will pop a few places to get the best driver.

holy cow.. that worked..

thank you rclarke250!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back