Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Inspiron 5100 Video Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

loutheman

Technical User
Sep 20, 2002
US
Does any one know of a video driver for a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 2000. The card is a ATI Raedon Mobility M7. There are drivers for Windows XP, but our company installs Windows 2000 on all computers. I've searched and searched with no luck. Dell says they just don't have it and ATI says check with Dell.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The Dell laptop in question is an Inspiron 5100. I'm told there's just no W2k drivers for it, but was hoping some one has a solution.

Loutheman
I'm pretty certain that will work. It is for the same chipset on the correct operating system.

Failing that, have you tried the XP drivers under Win2K? The two oses are very similar internally and drivers suitable for one are usually ok with the other.

John

thanks every one for the feedback. I'm still unable to make the video work with this laptop and win2k. I'll probably just reinstall winxp. I think it's an injustice when a computer company tells you can't install any operating system you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back