Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell compatible memory chips? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

acelorier

Technical User
Jan 14, 2005
US
Anyone know of compatible Dell memory chips? not sure what my dell will accept. thank you

U have to be carefull to get the right chips. I got the right model number for my Toshiba chips, but I had to get a list number too. Bestbuy insisted that the model was all I needed. They were wrong.

THANKS, WENT TO CRUCIAL.COM AND SAW THE LIMITATION - WASN'T SURE THERE MAY BE A WORK AROUND. THANK YOU LOTS!!

I have used various flavours of Dells from a laptop using 133MHz SDRAM(?) that would take anything ( up to a total of 512MB of RAM) through to a one year old smokin! desktop that was quite touchy

For the desktop I sourced RAM in the UK from Maplins on the basis it came back if it didn't work (after using AIDA32 [google for it] to give me the basic spec of what was already in there) ... armed with this spec you should be able to compare like for like even if you only knoew the spec and NOT the part numbers.

JB

-

===================================
Transportation Research Consultant
Winchester UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back