Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell C610 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Universalelectronics

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2005
GB
Have got a Dell Latitude c610 laptop and the intergrated network is no longer being reconised by the bios or o/s does anyone have any idea's on how to get it back have tried upgrading the bios.

Thanks

Possibly it's damaged?

May want to consider using a PCMCIA NIC instead...

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Windows XP? download and unzip appropriate lan driver, go into device manager, click on network adapter and force it to update drivers, point it at unpacked driver file.
Lets just hope the device just lost it's driver because obviously this device is integrated and so part of the motherboard.

Otherwise buy an addon PCMCIA/NIC card lol

Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

hi, if it's not being noticed in the BIOS then that would suggest a fault with the mainboard. as it's a C610 I imagine it's still under warranty?

Try Dell Technical if it is on 0870 908 0800

C610 should still be in warranty, y not call dell support for main broad replacement

I know no voice, I knew nothing about systems,
i know NUTS on networking, Therefore I dont know anything!
-----------------------------------
©2003,2004 SCHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back