Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delimited Data Output generation for a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuptosh

Programmer
Sep 24, 2004
GB

Hi All,

I tried to get a report output in the delimited data output instead of the regular delimited option because the delimiteddata output uses the data model instead of the report layout.
The txt file generated for delimited data output did not have complete data. The report layout is mostly distributed between a main frame and a repeating frame. But at times, the delimited data output does not consider more than one frame or repeating frame in the heirarchy. i.e. it just collects one level of data under the first main frame, whereas the pdf output displays complete data.
Has anyone encountered a similar situation before ? Is this a bug with Oracle Reports Server Engine OR Report Builder ?
Please advise on the above.
Also, let me know for any specific example that may be required.

Regards,

Anuptosh

Not sure where the bug is, but I neither ever been successful using standard "delimited" output format.
To have the delimited output, you should produce special report for that. That is, the regular text output, but looking like you are opening a csv file.
So if you need the ouput like
Code:
field1,field2,field3
create a formula that returns
Code:
:field1||','||:field2||','||:field3
and place that formula to the repeating frame instead of placing the fields.

while trying to generate a PDF or HTML file from a report previewer. I am getting "REP-0999: Unimplemented Error". My application is client server architecture. I am using Forms 6i and Reports 6i(Report and forms Builder 8.0.6.0.0).

Can anyone please help me in this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back