Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Xpressions database

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomsal

Technical User
Jul 12, 2012
US
Deleting all user information from Xpressions unit.
I have an old Xpressions server that the customer wants to remove all the user information before recycling the hardware. Does anyone know a command that will wipe out all the mailboxes and all other information from the system without having to delete each individual user. The customer is giving me a limited time to access this system and I want to be able to perform this task the fastest way possible. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Please be specific with commands if you know any. Thanks in advance for your input.

DBAN or whatever supports the standard the user wants to wipe it to.
Our recycling company drills through our hard drives...

The problem is that this is a remote site that will only allow remote access to default the server. So I am looking for a way to enter as little commands as possible to wipe out all the mailboxes and call processing mailboxes. Any suggested would be appreciated.

Explain to the Xpressions Customer that it is a security risk to remotely delete the data.

The customer will not allow access to the server on site. They would like the system defaulted or wiped out entirely. They will only allow remote access for a short time period. Any idea's on how to wipe the system clean of all customer information in a short matter? Any idea's would be appreciated.

If you have remote access then you can uninstall etc.
Also install the diskwipe utility.

Is there a procedure on how to perform a uninstall. I do not know how to perform this task?

Uninstall just like you would any other Windows program.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back