Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting windows files 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

robroy6

Technical User
Aug 20, 2006
US
C:\Windows\INF has some 1,600 files of *.pnf, *.inf and *.adm types. Can I safely delete them or at least the old files?

c:\windows\prefetch has 10 files located there of *.pf type. Can I safely delete them or at least the old files?

Thanks

Why do you want to monkey around with deleting these files? Disk space problem? I would leave them as they usually don't account for much space usage.
Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

I have had CCPro for a long time and use it quarterly., thanks.

Whatever happened to your initial question and my response to it?

Thanks Waho, I did not take note of your link until now!! I was confused about your question so I examined your response again and saw the LINK you placed there. Maybe you should somehow introduce a link with a few words like "Try this link ....."

Processed your LINK and deleted a number of excessive files. Thanks.

Ah, thank you so much! I try to post only when I absolutely know what I'm talking about. Nobody needs 90% correct posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back