Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Using Access as Front End

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoung71

Programmer
Sep 17, 2008
Hello All,
I have a Microsoft Access 2000 database that has linked tables to a SQL 2005 Server. I connect to the database using the Native Client connection. However my users cannot delete data from the SQL Server when they execute the Query from Access.

What Login/Role is the default when users connect to the SQL Server using the Client? Is there any way that my users can use a Delete query in Access?

Thanks,
Bill

It should run off the connection information when the linked tables are linked. However I do remember years back when I last used Access that you have to have a primary key on your SQL Server table for Access to be able to do the delete. That's something to check.

Yep that was it! I guess I "assumed" that I had made a primary key.

Now I feel like an idiot!

Thanks River guy

Dang. I thought this thread was about dropping Access and using some other technology for a front end ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back