Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deleting single pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniec

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
GB
I have a A5 monthly magazine, sometimes I need to retain a single page and move it elsewhere,THE PROBLEM: I seem to only be able to select all (which saves the two page spread).How can I just save one page and move/copy/paste without having to save the facing page as well.
Regards Johnnie

Hey,
I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you just draw a marquis with the selection tool around just the items on the page, you should be able to copy paste that to a new page. Now if something on the page you want to copy is also on the facing page you don't want to copy, your marquis selection will select it as well. You'll have to adjust that page item so it is only on the page you want to copy from.

Another way to go about this: Under the Pages submenu, deselect "Allow Document Pages to Shuffle" and select "Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle". Then in the Pages panel, target just the page you want to move and drag it to its new location. If this new location is the opposite (say you're moving a verso to a recto), ID may reapply a master page to it.

Hope that helps.

Greg Ledger

http://macproductionartist.wordpress.com/
Thank you I will try what you suggest.

I'd rather do a Save AS then remove the pages.

The problem with moving pages is that conflicting style names (styles with the same name etc.) the new document will use it's style definition rather than your current definition.

It's best to do a Save As and remove the pages and keep the ones you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back