Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970

Users that had roaming profiles, but that have now left the office, have still their profile stored on the profiles share on the server, can anybody tell me how I might delete these folders? Thanking you

I guess maybe I am not understanding the question totally. If I am not mistaken I think you would remove these profiles the same way you would any profile. Right click on My Computer, go to the used profiles tab, select their profiles and remove. Ths sounds to easy that's why I said I may not understand the question totally.

kk5629 - that will delete the copy of the profile on the local workstation, but not the one stored on the network.

plain2c - If your problem is it's giving you an access denied error when you try to delete them, then you will have to take ownership and give yourself permission to the folders. Right-click on the folder and go to properties. Click on the Security Tab and click the advanced button. Go to the Owner tab, change owner to Administrators and check the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects box. Click apply, and you should now be able to add yourself as having full control of the folder. Once you have full control, delete at will. Marc Creviere

FilthPig

I guess I forgot to elaborate on my response. I was referring to doing what I had mentioned from the server itself, not the workstation(s). I still don't know if this was an appropriate answer though.

The server works the same as a workstation in that respect. It will only show profiles (and the local copies, at that) of people who have logged on to the console of that server. Marc Creviere

Try a search for the username in the entire directory. Sometimes they create different profiles. Tried adding a user once and ad told me that the account was already there. Did a search and it came up with username\securityfolder or some such thing. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"I grow old learning something new everyday".
Solon (640-558 BC); Greek legislator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back