Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Outlook File Open History 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumei

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
CA
Does anyone know how to do this? The File, Open, Open Other User's Folder has a history list of Other User's Folders you have opened.

If that access permission is removed there seems to be no way to clear the history list. There is no option to do so. There seems to be no way through the registry. There seems to be no way through VBA.

Is this kept on the Exchange Server? If so, does anyone know where it can be cleared? No huge deal, just a little annoying.

Hi Dreamboat! Happy to get a reply from you as you sure know what you are doing.

But alas, yes, I have cleared every thing I can think of to clear. Everywhere. The recent File, Open Other User's Folder list/history still shows up in Outlook. Again, this no big deal. I do in-house training and I was demonstrating at a number of people's workstation how to grant permissions and delegation. I (silly me) assumed that these temporary delegations could be removed. The delegation rights can be removed on the workstation, and also the permitted account on the Exchange Server.

But the history list remains. I am open to any further ideas.

Shame...I remember this question from a couple years ago, and don't recall the answer--if there was one. Assuming you're on an exchange server, I'd guess that recreating the profile (same settings) would do it? But what a PITA, huh?

Anne Troy
Way cool stuff:

To Dreamboat - yah, major PITA. But hey, it is not a big deal, just sort of annoying that you can't clear it.

To smah, I tried Spybot. The Outlook Recent Files Open is, unfortunately, not one of the usage trackers it can get at.

Besides, I dare to run it on my machine ( :)'cause I got full admin rights), but I work in an organization with 30, 000 users and we don't let 'em install anything. So even if it did detect Outlook Recent there is no way they would let it be installed on a local machine.

Nah, it's gotta be on the Exchange Server. Thanks both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back