Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Outlook 2003 Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwgreen

Programmer
Mar 23, 2006
CA
I am looking to delete the Outlook profile for my users inside a script. Can this be done? The script will be a DOS one, but I can have it call a VBS if necessary.

Thanks,

Brian

Does anyone know if this can be done? I've looked, and all I can find is using the GUI - but since I want to scipt this I don't want to do that.

I guess I'll have to look elsewhere - since there has been no reply as yet.

Well, you'd have to read in the profile names, which are in the registry. Then you'd have to figure out which ones you wanted to delete. You'd have to delete the respective registry keys. You'd also have to figure out any associated .pst and .ost files, nickname files, exported rules, and other files that could be laying around, as those would need to be deleted as well.

Probably not that easy in "DOS". Dunno why you're attempting to use that. vbs seems like it would be a better fit for ANYTHING these days.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

We have a large rollout coming here with a complete re-imaging of all the workstations - when that happens this is a moot point!

Thanks for your help,

Brian

You can use delprof Microsoft to wipe old user profiles off the machine. But that's the windows profile (which would include Outlook profiles). I generally run it as part of a startup script in a GPO to kill off all unused profiles older than x days.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back