Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting multiple print jobs in a Printer Object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazman99

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2001
US
Hello everyone, we are using NWAdmin 5.1 to delete print jobs in a printer object, does anyone know how to delete multiple print jobs?? As a side example, I work in a network with 2000 users and about once a month, I have different users that send 75 print jobs (like this particular example) to the printer. I can obviously delete one job at a time...but the SHIFT key will not Select all....to delete all.

thanks in advance!!

If you have the printer defined on your workstation and you are defined in NetWare as at least an operator you should be able to just double-click on the printer from Start -> settings -> printers and delete the jobs from there. No need for NWAdmin.

thank you rjs for your repsonce, but that doesnt really help me. I support a network 2160 users with over 200 servers. We have quite a few programs that actually send print jobs straight to the object...the user never seeing the print job in their own print settings. For example, old mainframe programs and Peoplesoft 9.0 are such examples.

Furthermore, there have been many situations where many different users have sent multiple print jobs to a printer that may have been down for various reasons, it was be easier to delete all print jobs at the object then to call all the users and walk them through the process of deleteing jobs on their workstation.

One way or the other, I still have the same questions...is there an easy way to cancel all print jobs in a printer object?

Thank you in advance for anyone with the answer!!

There is no easy way, but this might help you...

You can delete Print Jobs directly from the Print Queue Directory. The only problem is the Print Queue Directories do not have descriptive names, so it very dificult to determine which Directory represents which Print Queue.

Here is the way you can do this...

From a DOS prompt, type NLIST QUEUE=<Queue name> /D

The above command line will let you what Directory coincides with the the Print Queue. Once that is known, you can go to the Directory and delete the contents of the Directory, which are the pending Print Jobs.

Good Luck!

Hi

By the way, what printing system you using...there has been an assumption that you are using the OLD Netware printing system on Nw 5.1, are you using NDPS/NEPS?

You can delete them out of the directory that NDPS is using but again you are faced with a similar issue that you can not recognize what print job belongs to who or what print job is what. But in NDPS each printer is using a separate directory under the NDPS directory. You simply delete the jobs out of the appropriate directory. Now most likely you will have to unload NDPSM to nuke those print jobs as the print jobs are locked.

Vaughn Netware CNE 5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back