Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting messages in Audix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Riel

MIS
Aug 4, 2004
US
Ok this is probably one of the more less complicated questions I have ever asked on here,,,, BUT here it goes.

How can I delete or reset a voice mail box in audix without deleting the greeting? For example, I have a user that needs to delete all their messages but wants me to do this via the emulation. Can I simply delete the unopened messages?

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

you may want to try looging in as that person & just *3 everything until it's empty.

I can certainly try that, however, I was hoping to do this via the emulation.

This cannot be done through the emulation, as far as I know. However, a possible work-around would be to change the message retention times for this subscriber (page 2) to either 1 or 0. According to the Audix guide, "Messages older than the specified retention time will be automatically removed by the system." After the messages have been purged by the system, change the retention times back to normal.

I'm curious, however - WHY on earth does this individual want you to delete his voicemail messages for him without the messages being listened to? Is there a sound business reason for this request? Or is he/she trying to get out of something by being able to ("honestly") declare "No, I never received your voicemail message....."

Susan
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Another method would be to log into the account using Message Manager. While I agree that it's odd that someone would want to delete them without listening to them first, I guess there are reasons for everything. There is absolutely no way to delete them from an administration standpoint, but Message Manager is probably the method that could accomplish this the easiest way.

Ok thanks for the info. The phone that he is using is more for testing. We are a CLEC in Calif. and he doesn't use this phone as his primary. None of the messages are important. Thank you however, for your concern and advise.

Have a great day!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back