Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Mermail mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancal

Technical User
Oct 31, 2009
US
Hello,
I am decommissioning an option 11 with Mermail.
For security reasons, I need to delete all the mailboxes.
Besides LISTing them all out and spacebarring each mailbox to delete, is there a faster way that I can delete all of them or a bunch of them at once?
There are hundreds of them. It would take me a month to delete mailboxes one by one in this tedious manner.

thanks

If you are not going to use the system anymore why not remove the hard drive and destroy it? You could also use the install tape and reload the system as a new install. Otherwise welcome to Meridian Mail!

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

What version is your mail system?. I think mail 12 and older can use a function in the tools menu to delete a range of mail box's between a start and finish mailbox DN.

I've done this as well as adding in loads in one go.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

How do you even check the version of Mermail? It's so old, it's not documented anywhere. It's nto obvious in any of the menus.
All I know is, I dial in to the PBX, type AX, see the flying M's,login, and there's mermail. Does that give you a hint what version im running?

Go into Mail by keying in AX. Instead of using the password, key in tools. Then use your password. You should get a different menu. One of the options is to add/delete mailbox's. use the spacebar/arrows to change settings.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back