Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting mail from queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

julianf

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2001
ZA
Hi,

We are having endless problems with our exchange 2000 server. There is over 400 messages in the queue. This mail has been there for over 2 days. The line is peaking, which shows that the mail is attemtping to get out, but the mail seems to stay in the queue and give the error - "The connection was dropped by the remote host"!

I want to delete everything from the queue. I have tried using the "Delete all messages (send NDR"). This does not seem to remove the mail...after refreshing, it is still there? Is there another way to remove the mail from the queue?

Any ideas why this mail is not going out and what the problem may be. Strange thing is that mail is still coming in and going out....very slowly that is.

Any info would be appreciated.

Julian

Delete all messages (No NDR)
Force connection.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi

I have the same problem. A large mail is going out to multiple recipients. The mail fails to send and after 5 minutes a retry is atempted.

I have deleted all messages in the smtp virtual server queue but the message just reappears after a few seconds.

Is there another queue besides the smtp queue where I have to delete the message?

The smtp connector is hogging all my available bandwidth and people can't surf the web anymore.

Any thoughts?

There are no messages in the queue folder (below Mailroot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back