Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deleting individual entrys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagikWand

Technical User
Aug 11, 2003
US
yes, yes, i know this sounds ridiculous, especially since ive been using crsytal for over a year now, but..

i have no idea how to remove and individual entry from the report screen, can anyone help me out????

exe. we have a list of clients and their spendings for a given day, however one client's info is somehow completely wrong, is there anyway i can simply delete only his entry w/o having to change anything the the database?????

many thanks in advance

Hi,
Well you could add a supression formula on the fields that checks the user and, if the one that is bad, not display it..
Or create a selection criterion that excludes that record..

Why not correct the data?

[profile]

thanks turk,
the suppression worked out, but the reasons i cant correct it are 2fold - first, im not given w/rw access to the central database so all i can do is look at it, secondly i have to "put a rush" on the report, and do not have time to contact the system admin who is currently miles away on vacation

ps why do they have to make it so difficult, this has to come up every now and again???

thanks again
B U D

Hi,
Well as to making it difficult, how is the report supposed to know that data is bad?
If you want to continue to return bad data, then some intervention is needed to prevent the report generator from doing what it is supposed to do, that is, display what the query returned...

I would use the record selection formula to handle this, not the supression method, even though it works..With the record selection method, the data is not even returned to the report, so it saves some time.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back