Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

glman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2003
JO
I have winY2k server on my network and i use it as files server and there is some users delte or moving file in them shared resourse on the server and i can not stop them or know them can you help me in that.

best wishes to all

Hi,

Go to folders properties and set the NTFS permission. Properties, security, advanced, highlight the group name, choose deny delete, check "Replace permission entries.....)

Good luck!

i try to do that but i face big problem when i did that the users can not change some autocad files so i hope there is away i can do that without make problem with my autocad files

Enable auditing. Go to folder and right click on it, select security, select advanced, select auditing, click add button, add the everyone group, check the 2 boxes under the successful column that say delete (delete and delete folders and files). This will not stop someone from deleting files, but in the security log of event viewer it will log who is deleting what.

James
MCP, MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back