Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting files from the Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

msturges

Programmer
Mar 29, 2001
ZA
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on how I can create and run a process that would delete certain files from the server when triggered by a user.

Thanks
God Bless
Mike

the fileSystemObject is what you're looking for. You can write an ASP page that will delete files using this object. Here is the info w/examples for each method:

If you have specific issues or questions regarding its implementation, then post back.

:)
paul
penny1.gif
penny1.gif

Thanks Paul,

I have already tried using the FileSystemObject in numerous different ways, but to no prevail. I am now at my wits end, cos I have basically copied the code preciely from the msdn site and all I get is an error saying :

[red]"Server.CreateObject Failed"[/red]

I have tried the fileobject.delete method as well as the fso.deleteFile method, but, all I get, over and over and over and over and over and over and over (you get the point) again.

Any idea why? I really need to solve this before I go insane.

thanks again
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back