Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting DataWindows from a PB Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatgirl100

Technical User
Oct 19, 2005
CA
Hello,

This may seem like a very simple question and it probably has a very simple answer, but I can't seem to figure it out.
How do I delete Objects of type: DataWindows from a Powerbuilder Library? You can't press the delete button on the keyboard, or right click and select Delete.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Where are you trying to delete them from, and what version of PB are you using?

Hi There,

I'm using Powerbuilder 9.0, and I am trying to delete them from the window that shows all of your DataWindows (individual reports) that are in your PB Library.

So I've opened up my Workspace, and then I go to open a certain object (or report). It shows a list of all the objects in my library and I want to delete some of them.

I made copies of some of them (so as not to mess up the originals) and made some modifications. Now I want to delete the originals.

Thanks for any help

Use the System Tree view to delete them or the library view. Either view allows you to view all items in a pbl at once, and gives you the option to open, copy, move, and delete each item.

That's great, I just found the Library view and was able to delete them. I'm new to navigating Powerbuilder (I work with Impromptu and Visual FoxPro).

Thanks a lot for your time and your tip!

Take care

No problem! PowerBuilder was definitely odd to me when I first started using it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back