Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting Bin Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clundey

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
I've got the IMBINTRX_SQL file getting a tad big, but cannot find any reports that would allow me to spool/delete them.

Is this a job for ISQL?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

What version?

Since at least v7.6.200, if you go to IM, Reports/Graphs, History, Trx by Item, if you select the purge checkbox it will purge the lot/serial/bin trx files as well, provided that they meet the other parameters provided by the user.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Go to this screen and without submitting the job, check the purge file checkbox. Then click on help, about this field. The help screen should tell you if the imbintrx file will be purged in the version of Macola you are using.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Yes, the report says it will purge records from iminvtrx and imbintrx as well if the show bin is checked. What I wanted to do is leave iminvtrx intact (since there is a lot more info from other sources besides bin trx) but just purge records in imbintrx.
Is this an advisable thing to do? ie orphan records.

Chris

No. In fact it is not possible in this application. This will purge the IMINVTRX records (binned and not binned) and all the associated bin transactions at the same time.

What is driving you to want to purge bin transactions? How big is the file in question? If you are using Pervasive, have you rebuilt this file?

Thats what I found out. I'd like to keep the IMINVTRX records, but just prune out the IMBINTRX table. I'm on SQL so it wouldn't be a big deal to do this. The bin trx records are not as critical here as the data in IMINVTRX. I'm just concerned about any possible orphan records created someplace.

thanks in advance!

I am still not clear on the reason to purge the bin transactions without purging the associated IMINVTRX transactions.

What business problem does this solve?

The IMINVTRX contains data from other modules that I'd prefer to hang on to. I don't need the bin transactions as much as the other stuff. Percentwise, I have more bin trx's than anything else, so I want to get rid of them to get the db smaller.

Pervasive or MS SQL?

If Pervasive then rebuild the files in question and advise if this gains enough space.

I'm using MS SQL. There are 1.2M records in the bin table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back