Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting and Restoring User accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpluskota

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
GB
I am running Windows 2000 Adv Server, Exchange 2000 and Brightstor 9 Backup software.
I have loads of user accounts on the system wherer the users have left so they are disabled, the problem is I want to take these users off the system but if for any reason we need to get their information bak I need to be able to resore the account.

Is there any way that I can do this.

What kind of information are you talking about, not that it really matters. If you are storing all user data on lets say a home directory on your network, you could still recover this data from your backup without having the original users account. You could just restore data from backup to any directory and give who ever needs permission to it. Hope this helps.

I am really interested in restoring the mailboxes of the users.
The software I have is called mailmeter it records all incoming and outgoing emails and gives me reports on users activity - the problem is that the software works on 'per mailbox' license and all of the deleted accounts are taking up licenses.
Therefore I want to delete the accounts but be able to recover them and the mailboxes whenever.

why don't you export the mail info to a PST file and then just save them.
I think that will do what you want.

Yea, go with Breaders tip. Much easier and painless. As little pain as possibel is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back