Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting an active backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

plc00

Technical User
Oct 11, 2000
US
How do I delete, edit or put on hold an active backup? Please help!!! [sig][/sig]

You can only abort an active job. right clicking on it and choosing abort.
You can put a hold on scheduled jobs by right clicking on it and choosing HOLD.
You can edit a job if you have saved it by going to the Job DEfinitions tab and going into the properties of it. [sig][/sig]

My active job, will not abort, keeps running, abort pending, but now 83 hours, any idea's on forcing this job to stop, so I can get on with my scheduled backup jobs, Backup 8.0, win 2000 Server,Sony ATI autoloaders..

Go to the Job Manager on the console and see if you can abort it there. If it fails there too, the job is hung hard and the only recovery at that point would be to reboot the server. Take out the tape when you boot, so when Backup Exec
reloads and tries to restart the failed job, it'll stop at the "no tape" message and allow you to abort it at that point.

Go to select/delete selections. You can delete jobs there as well. If they DO NOT delete, again, reboot the server and it should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back