Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting a publishing location using FP XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazzman

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
AU
I have recently changed hosts. I am now trying to publish my site again to my new hosts servers. The problem lies that the previous publishing location comes up automatically (in this case it is to an ftp site ie: ftp:// I now have FP extensions on the servers and I wish to publish to , but I get the old publishing location of which I can not change. When I type in the new location and click OK it just tries to publish to the old location. It's like it's obsessed with this old location and it won't let it go. The CHANGE icon is not highlighted so I can not change or delete it from there. All I see when I go to publish is the old address (ftp:// and the old username comes up in the dialogue box waiting for my password.

Has anybody else come across this problem? If so please put me out of my misery! Many thanks!

I'm sorry I can't help you with this because I'm having the exact same problem. We have the same host but upgraded to front page extensions and have been doing exactly what you're doing and it converts back.

When I type in mydomain name this is what I get.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.22 Server at Port 80

I don't really know what all this means - maybe both of us will get an answer.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? We have created a new index page and it still won't publish through front page. For months we didn't have extensions and we used ftp and it did great but since we upgraded for the 2002 extensions our site has been down and defaults to ftp://, but now we can't even get it to ftp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back